4,006 COMMENTS :

1. By Paul Smith on

I havn’t seen anything about a comparison of the quality of the torpedos created by the Union vs kurokawa’s group. how would they stack up as far as range, explosive power, speed & reliability. Are they based on the “long lance”? I know there isn’t much said about them, but I assume there were a few of them captured at Zanzibar. Also the twin engined torpedo bombers, will any be taken back to copy? Any knowledge gained is an asset for the union.

2. By Matt on

So driving home from work on Friday I was thinking about engines and how they could be improved. And it occurred to me that fuel quality and octane has been an issue for the Union for awhile. Polta paste has proven to be incredibly useful but one more use could be in making ethanol/gasoline blend fuel not unlike E85. E85 has a higher octane rating than “premium” pump gas ~93 AKI, 95-98 RON for Mathieu and Alexei. Which is around the rating that WW2 Avgas was at. Higher octane means higher compression, or when we get superchargers more boost and will give higher horsepower for the same displacement. Ethanol is, well ethanol and is what alcohol is made of. Polta is already fermented into a type of wine so why not distill the wine into a pure spirit and blend with gas?

1. By Lou Schirmer on

Looks like a sawed off 4″ gun & a 225 HP straight six would fit the bill nicely.

1. By Paul Smith on

what would losing a couple of feet off the barrel do to the ballistics? how much muzzle velocity would the gun lose? Accuracy? wouldn’t you need a new compact recoil system? One with a reduced range of motion. I know I wouldn’t want that much steel flying back in an enclosed casemate! 4in/50cal is about 16 ft of barrel(4in X 50)/12=16.67 feet right? 4in/30cal is about 10 feet or 4in/25cal = 8.33 ft wich is much more manageable in a tank. less mass for recoil, but a lot less MV for the “big scary bullets.”

Leave a Reply to donald j johnson Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *